[U-Boot] CREDITS for some old code

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Aug 13 13:26:24 CEST 2012

Hi Wolfgang,

On 08/13/2012 12:20 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> I'm not usually this pedantic, but about 9 years ago I ported the
>> CoLiLo boot loader to the ColdFire MCF5249 platform, and it appears
>> as though some of my code has been assimilated into U-Boot. I
>> recently came across my comments verbatim in the master branch!
>
> This has nothing to do with pedantism; your request is perfectly
> right.
>
>> Please see lines 681-684 and 694-697 of
>> arch/m68k/cpu/mcf52x2/cpu_init.c for an example. The "~Jeremy" is
>> me...
>
> Indeed.
>
> It appears the respective code was added as commit 8c725b9 "Coldfire
> MCF5249 support added" by "stroese" = Stefan Roese.
>

> Stefan, can you please comment and explain where exactly this code has
> been derived from?

Hmmm, nearly 10 years ago... Not easy to remember. Especially since I
changed workplace since then and I don't have access to the development
resources from that time. But from what I do remember, the source is
partly copied from the CoLiLo project. So Jeremy is correct.

Jeremy, I'm sorry that I didn't acknowledge your work while "borrowing"
from your sources. Please send a patch to the list to add yourself to
the CREDITS file.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan Roese