[U-Boot] Seeking ARM development platform suggestions

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 02:37:32 CEST 2012

Hi Guys,

Now that I _finally_ have an ARM toolchain up and running (ELDK 5.2),
it's time to play, and for that, I need something to play with :)

I have a HP TouchPad which I've been compiling CyangenMod for (it has
it's own toolchain) and a Raspberry Pi which I have built U-Boot for
(using ELDK), but I don't have the necessary hardware for serial
console yet.

I'm looking for something:
 a) I can purchase locally (Australia)
 b) Is reasonably priced
 c) Has a mainline port of U-Boot already
 d) Is 'useful' (media player, NAS, firewall, machine that goes 'ping')
 e) Has lots of 'things' to play with (network, USB, video, SD/MMC,
SATA, LEDs, GPIO, Alphanumeric LCD) - Not all have to be currently
supported (actually, it would be great if some aren't so I can work on
adding them)

Any and all ideas appreciated

Regards,

Graeme