[U-Boot] Seeking ARM development platform suggestions

Jorgen Lundman lundman at lundman.net
Tue Aug 21 08:28:51 CEST 2012

There was promise between XBMC and Allwinner for a bit, which looked good
for everyone.

Then there was a delay, and when files were delivered they were binary
identical to old files, so that looked bad.

XBMC got a bit pissy, and decided to stop work on Allwinner.

Yesterday, Allwinner explained about #ifdef around new code, and missed the
compile time flag, hence wrong version, promised of new files soon.

XBMC uncertain, everyone waiting to see if we get files.

So, your average teenage TV sitcom I suppose. :)

You can read about it here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126995&page=85

My own findings are here:

http://lundman.net/wiki/index.php/MeLe_A2000

I got mine from cubie's at aliexpress, the shipping took forever, but all
arrived as expected. The debug board comes with pinouts, so real easy install.

The F10 remote I bought afterwards and I think is real neat. It works just
about as well as Wiimotes, but works are regular mouse/keyboard (with
Windows, OSX support). So I currently use it with straight Win7 running
XBMC. I think F10 is worth getting, even if you don't end up using the mele.

At the moment though, my Mele is doing nothing (just waiting for wip to
mature). I believe latest XBMC can play SD content. Current lack of audio
support is a concern.

Hardware that actually supported XBMC ARM port, are the Pivos players
http://www.pivosgroup.com/  I don't personally have one as they (didn't)
sell to Japan. I tried to get one for the support they did though.

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman at lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)