[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-x86.git

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Dec 3 15:24:13 CET 2012

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:

> Hi Otavio,
>
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>
> wrote:
> >[snip]
>
> > Maybe it is the time to move patman to another git repository?
> >
> > patman is nice for many projects so maybe it could live outside U-Boot
> git?
>
> Maybe one day, but we still have a number of things to sort out - e.g.
> the threading issue Wolfgang raised. Also I don't think patman is
> widely used even in U-Boot, and having it here promotes its use. What
> other projects actually use it at this stage? (yes I see Doug's
> patches aimed at supporting Linux better).

I've been using it a lot! It is your call about moving it outside U-Boot
git or not but I do believe it would be easier to find users (specially
among other projects) if it were in a standalone tree. It would also allow
for independent release cycle (which would be good).

(this is my point of view)

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br