[U-Boot] [U-Boot, v2 1/6] cmd_sf: Add print messages on flash erase command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 20 13:49:25 CET 2012

Dear Jagan Teki,

In message <CAD6G_RRw=YgbYtkwaZMC=KaS_5Lbfbm+fR-=LV96aOY72W383w at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Apart from this sometimes (very rare) due to the slowness of UART or SPI flash
> even if we run the sf commands it will not execute the actual code
> just terminate with showing
> u-boot prompt, so the user assumes that this command is happen
> properly. [but actually command is not done]

But that would be a different thing - if there are errors without
clear error messages, this is a bug that needs fixing.  [But I do not
see which part of your patch would address such an issue.  Am I
missing something?]

Adding verbose progress messages is a different thing, though.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is much easier to suggest solutions when you know nothing