[U-Boot] i.mx53 NFC support

Benoît Thébaudeau benoit.thebaudeau at advansee.com
Thu Dec 20 20:46:23 CET 2012

Dear Mark Roy,

On Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:57:29 PM, Mark Roy wrote:
> I have a custom i.mx53 board with NAND Flash connected using the
> i.mx53
> NAND flash controller.    I have been trying to the flash working in
> U-boot with no success.  I was looking at the driver
> mtd/nand/mxc_nand.c
> which I thought would work, but it seems that it only supports the
> older
> NFC versions found in the mx25, mx27, and mx35.
>
> Is there a working driver available for the NFC in the mx5
> processors?
> If not, do you think it would be easier for me to try and patch the
> mxc_nand driver to support the newer NFC or to try and port the
> imx_nand
> driver from the Linux kernel?

Please apply the following patch on u-boot/master:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/179176/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/179176/raw/

You may also be interested in the following threads:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2012-October/138129.html
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2012-December/142349.html

Best regards,
Benoît