[U-Boot] [U-Boot, v2 1/6] cmd_sf: Add print messages on flash erase command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 21 07:26:40 CET 2012

Dear Jagan Teki,

In message <CAD6G_RQtZZinzcx0haLqR-JD4cjM8WyjZZGgarZ-+DwaZJnR2g at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I thought it could be a good progress prints for sf read/write/erase
> commands as we didn't have
> these verbose prints before.
>
> Do you think these are useful/required messages?, please take my above concerns.

Some people will like such verbocity, others will dislike it.  Also,
some people will dislike th memory footprint that comes with the added
code.  So in any case this should be configurable.

But most of all: SF is just one storage device out of a much larger
list.  If we add such a feature, it should be done in common code and
in a generic way that all similar devices can use as well.

Please see again the other thread, and Simon's response.  I think it
makes sense to handle these things together, as a common set of
patches.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The only person who always got his work done by Friday
                                                 was Robinson Crusoe.