[U-Boot] where is the crc stored?

John Stile john at stilen.com
Fri Dec 21 22:27:31 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-12-21 at 20:54 +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear John Stile,
>
> In message <1356114777.28896.92.camel at genx> you wrote:
> > What area of memory is the crc stored for a partition?
>
> Which sort of partitions are you talking here?

Maybe partition is the wrong word for a memory address region.

I am a total new-bee, but I have read there is a crc check in u-boot.

The crc check can result in a:
  Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment

The crc is considered during the bootcmd.

> > I would like to find some detailed documentation on the crc (how big is
> > it, where it is stored, how to invalidate to force the booting from a
> > second area).
>
> In general, erasing the whole region will usually work ;-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

I would like to know where this crc is stored.

I would like to know is it 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit, or other.