[U-Boot] [RFC][PULL-REQ] MTD update

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Dec 30 00:33:31 CET 2012

Dear Sergey Lapin,

In message <20121229231332.GC9924 at build.ihdev.net> you wrote:

> > > Tom is right when asking to use a stable kernel tree version as
> > > starting point.  Said "interesting changes" may be added in a second
> > > step, once we have proven that the stable code is actually working
> > > stable for us, too.
> > OK, will rebase.
> Well, I reviewed the difference with 3.7.1 and 3.8-rc's MTD,
> and I see some changes I critically depend on. These are very small, though.
> The rest can be added for completeness. I can make these changes into separate
> patch, will it be fine with you?

Ideally you should come up with a workign implementation based on the
current stable tree.  The locate any additional commits in Linux that
are needed / useful from your point of view, and check if these can be
applied _directly_ (i. e. the unmodified Linux commits) to the U-Boot
tree.  If we can do this, any future updates will be much easier, so
this is a good test for the benefits of the new version.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Let's say the docs present a simplified view of reality...    :-)
                      - Larry Wall in  <6940 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>