[U-Boot] MPC8313 DDR2 configuration

Paul Gortmaker paul.gortmaker at windriver.com
Wed Feb 8 05:45:31 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Scott Larson <slarson at a2etech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking for help on DDR2 configuration in u-boot.
>

> I have the MPC8313ERDB from Freescale. It has 128Mbytes of DDR2 ram. The
> existing 128MByte that uses only CS0.
>

> I have a new board design to bring up.
>
> The timing parameters are all ok but I need some guidance on changing the
> settings to suit my memory configuration.
>

> My board has 512Mbytes on CS0 and 512Mbytes on CS1.
>
> Changes need to be made to files MPC8313ERDB.h and sdram.c

SODIMM with SPD?  Autoconfig with CONFIG_SPD_EEPROM is
nice compared to hard coding values, if you can use it.  I'm pretty
sure it works fine on sbc8349 board.

> I have made all the row and column size and block address pin settings ok. I
> have set DDR size to 512Mbytes (per Chip Select).
>

> I need some guidance on the setting for CS1 bank of ram.

Have you created the CONFIG_SYS_BR1_PRELIM and the
CONFIG_SYS_OR1_PRELIM defines in your board header?

If you copied these from a reference platform, they may still
be populated with settings appropriate for flash up at the top
of memory instead of DDR2 settings for your 2nd bank...

P.