[U-Boot] Problem in loading rootfs

Tahir Rauf tahir.rauf1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 06:35:30 CET 2012

Hi,

I am facing problem in loading my image on Netgear GSM7353S switch. Let me
give you some context

   1. I started with following link
   http://www.openflowhub.org/display/Indigo/Upgrading+the+Flash+of+the+Netgear+73xx+for+OpenFlow
   .
   2. Link said to copy the image using command *flashcp -v
   gsm73xxso-of-1.1.0.2.image /dev/mtd0*
   3. Then it sets the bootargs using following command. *setenv ofboot
   'setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 init=/etc/preinit rw; bootm fe000000
   fe180000'*
   4. All things went fine and I get the appropriate prompt.
   5. Then I prepared my own image and tried to burn it using the same
   above command and reboot the switch.
   6. It shows me following message

Data Size: 1039259 Bytes = 1014.9 KB
Load Adress: 00400000
Entry point: 004005b0
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
Wrong Ramdisk image format
VFS: Cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown-block(0,0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available
partitions:
1f00 28416 mtdblock0 (driver?)
1f01 256 mtdblock1 (driver?)
1f02 4096 mtdblock2 (driver?)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

Can anybody tells me what is going on? Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
--
Tahir Rauf