[U-Boot] Build u-Boot for NAND boot on i.MX53x platform

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Feb 10 16:14:45 CET 2012

On 10/02/2012 16:05, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On 2/10/12, Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de> wrote:
>
>> The mkimage tool supports the generation of the image that can be loaded
>> into a NAND flash. However, the main problem is that at the moment there
>> is no NAND driver for MX53. The mxc_nand.c driver does not support MX5 SOCs.
>
> Yes, but the internal boot mode can be used though.

Yes, this is right - this is what I meant with "mkimage support".

However, u-boot does not help to install itself in NAND, and you must
use other tools to physically store the image on the NAND. And the
environment must be still saved on another storage (MMC for example), as
well as other images that must be accessed by the bootloader. If I had
to write a to-do list to make a MX53 based hardware really working with
NAND, adding a NAND driver for MX5 to u-boot goes to first place.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de