[U-Boot] M29W256GL + WEIM in uboot

Francisco Muñoz francisco.missael at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 21:30:08 CET 2012

Hello, Im new to all of this, but I 've  been reading most of the post
related to the M29w256 numonyx and the u-boot documentation without
any success :(

Im booting from MMC card and I want to parallel nor to be probed by
cfi, but I have not succeeded since the uboot code freezes when at the
beginning of the first "flash_cmd_write" in cfi_flash.c

       /* Issue FLASH reset command */
        flash_cmd_reset(info);

The CS0_BASE_ADDR  has an start address matching  #define
WEIM_ARB_BASE_ADDR              0x08000000     , however the range of
the WEIM interface register settings are between 021B_8000 --
021B_8098.

Many board files has the WEIM CS0 as the start of the registers and I
think this is why the NOR configuration is a matter of config settings
like the ones below.

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE           CS0_BASE_ADDR
#define CONFIG_SYS_MAX_FLASH_BANKS 1
#define CONFIG_SYS_MAX_FLASH_SECT 256
#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_CFI_WIDTH      FLASH_CFI_16BIT
#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_CFI_AMD_RESET 1

/* Monitor at beginning of flash */
#define CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_BASE         CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE
#define CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_LEN          0x40000         /* Reserve 256KiB */

#define CONFIG_ENV_SECT_SIZE   0x20000
#define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE         CONFIG_ENV_SECT_SIZE
#define CONFIG_ENV_ADDR         (CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE + 0x40000)

/* Address and size of Redundant Environment Sector     */
#define CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET_REDUND        (CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET + CONFIG_ENV_SIZE)
#define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE_REDUND  CONFIG_ENV_SIZE

If you could give me some help so that at least I could send write
commands to the chip without hang pls...

Regards,
Francisco