[U-Boot] Q: Bad bits in Nand Write

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:05:14 CET 2012

Hello,

I am using Micron Nand MT29F1G08ABC , with OMAP-L138 board, and I
write the Nand with the following sequence in U-Boot:
1. erase block
2, read complete page change the first byte and then write back the
complete page (2048 bytes)
3, read complete page change the next byte and then write back the
complete page (2048 bytes)
4. back to 3. until page is written completely

What I see is that after about ~1200 bytes, bytes which are after the
last offset such as 1400 and 1500 offset are not 0xff but instead one
of the bits is zero (such as 0xbf)
What Do you think might be the problem here ...

Is it that the writing sequence is wrong ? Is it that I write too many
times into page after only one erase ? Is it the driver of Nand Micron
?

I thank you for any idea or Guidance,

Regards,

Ran