[U-Boot] ARM926: U-Boot crash while relocating

Amit Virdi amitvi128 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:30:30 CET 2012

Hello All,

While I'm running u-boot on spear320 board, I'm seeing a crash. The crash
happens during the .rel.dyn relocations. While debugging, I found that the
.rel.dyn section contains a word with all the bits set (0xFFFFFFFF) and the
code is trying to fix-up this location.

The u-boot address range is 0x00700000 - 0x0072E678. The .rel.dyn section
starts at 0x0072E678 and extends upto 0x00733CC0.

I checked the entire .rel.dyn section generated for the u-boot and found
only one such location. It was supposed to have the address lying in the
u-boot address range.

I shall be thankful for any help.

Regards
Amit Virdi