[U-Boot] Atmel spi flash

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 13:46:34 CET 2012

Hello,

I am using U-boot with Atmel SPI flash AT45DB321D.
After erase command (using sf erase)  and reading the first page (sf
read) in the block, I see that the whole page is filled with 0xffff...
( just as expected)
But then on writing any byte in any offset in the page (using sf
write) and reading the page after that to see its contents, I see that
the specific byte value is correct, but surprisingly I also see values
of other bytes in the page (in different offset) which were written
before the last erase.
I would like to ask if anyone is familiar with such kind of problem
before I get more deeply into the atmel driver.

Best Regards,

Ran