[U-Boot] Unable to run scripts with autoscr command

Asif Sulikeri asifiqbal.rs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 11:15:42 CET 2012

Detlev Zundel <dzu <at> denx.de> writes:

Appreciate your reply Detlev, please find my replies in-line,

> what is the "DM365-IPNC-1.0.14" version about?  I cannot see such a
> version (or tag) in mainline U-Boot.

I'm sorry for the typo that is supposed to be 1.0.1.

> So indeed, this cannot be in your version 1.3.4

Thanks for the confirmation,

> This is indeed the problem, the used shell is not powerful enough to do
> such scripting.  Using the hush shell will indeed solve the original
> problem.

Thanks for confirming the same,

> It seems that by changing your configuration somehow the increase in
> code size has broken the compilation.
>
> Did you see any errors or warnings while compiling?

There weren't any errors, and no related warnings while compiling and the code
compiled fine and also binary was created.

The resulting binary was of the size 157KB as compared to the usual 148KB, the
size did definitely increased there.

> On the other hand, davinci_dm365evm is a supported configuration in
> mainline, so why not try current code.  This way we would be in a much
> better position to help you.

I'll consider the suggestion, but since I've spent considerable time on this,
want to make sure where actually the problem lies.