[U-Boot] Flash not erased problem.

Sanjoy Saha - ERS, HCL Tech sanjoy.saha at hcl.com
Mon Feb 20 13:40:30 CET 2012

Hi,
    I am using u-Boot [2009.08-CanyonlandsOptimized_2.6.30_1.13-01] in canyonlands board to flash my ram file system (which I need to do often). I go in step to erase/tftp/copy the binary in my flash.

era 0xfc200000 0xfd5fffff
tftp 0x200000 canyonlands/ramdisk.img
cp.b ${fileaddr} 0xfc200000 ${filesize}

other than copy command everything works fine. The copy command bails out with error message "flash not erased". Size of ramdisk image is ~7MB.
I have verified the sectors for erase operation done properly (i.e filled with 0xFFFFFFFF).

After giving 'n" number of shot copy works great. I suspect timing problem which degrades with age of flash memory.
I have acquired a new board and i see the same problem.

Can some one help me out ?

Thank You
Sanjoy Saha

::DISCLAIMER::