[U-Boot] u-boot for SPEAr1310

Vipin Kumar vipin.kumar at st.com
Fri Feb 24 03:11:45 CET 2012

On 2/23/2012 8:12 PM, Stefan Roese wrote:
> Hi Pavel,

Hello Pavel,

> (Added Amit to Cc).
>
> On Thursday 23 February 2012 15:17:19 Pavel Machek wrote:
>> Is there git tree with u-boot for SPEAr1310 somewhere? I only seen
>> patches from 2010...
>
> Here a link to the ST git repository:
>
> git://stlinux.com/spear/u-boot.git
>
> Most branches are not based on current mainline U-Boot version though. ST
> people might have a better overview here.
>
> Please note that there is currently ongoing effort to port much of this
> repository into mainline. From ST and from myself. Stay tuned. The list should
> see some updates quite soon...
>
> Please don't hesitate if you have any specific questions.
>
>> Is there easy way to flash resulting u-boot using
>> BDI?
>
> My experience is mostly SPEAr600 only right now. Not sure if there are bigger
> differences between those SoC's in the BootROM. SPEAr600 uses XLoader as SPL.

The case is same with spear1310. It needs an Xloader to boot. The
differences are a dual core CortexA9 CPU and more peripherals.

The uboot present at "git://stlinux.com/spear/u-boot.git" supports
spear1310.

Please have a look and revert back if you have any doubt

> I ported U-Boot SPL for SPEAr600 though, completely obsoleting XLoader.
> Patches are not quite ready for the list though.

Thanks Stefan. I have been thinking of doing the same for a long time now.

Regards
Vipin'