[U-Boot] fsl_esdhc.c: eMMC 4.4 support?

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at de.bosch.com
Fri Feb 24 08:20:11 CET 2012

On 23.02.2012 22:45, Andy Fleming wrote:
> Yes, that's very annoying. Of course, Freescale *does* use fsl_esdhc,
> but for Power Architecture. I know that changes were submitted to
> support i.MX on fsl_esdhc, too, so I don't know why they've opted to
> use their own file in that tree. Hopefully they can be convinced to
> add support to mainline.

I'm not sure if they can be convinced :(

Anyway, what would be the preferred way to improve the xxx_esdhc in
mainline U-Boot?

Both, the Freescale U-Boot [1] and Barebox [2] have a imx-esdhc.c. With
this, the options I see for mainline U-Boot are

a) to port the Freescale/Barebox imx-esdhc.c changes/improvements into
U-Boot's fsl_esdhc.c

or

b) create a new imx-esdhc.c in U-Boot, too.

?

Best regards

Dirk

[1]