[U-Boot] REg : EIM Registers Configuration Required or Not to access NOR Flash in Flash_Header.s File

Balaji Sivakumar, ERS, HCLTech balajisk at hcl.com
Mon Feb 27 15:18:16 CET 2012

Hi,

Am using IMX6 processor based board. I am customizing U-boot for my design.

In my  board I have NOR Flash which is connected via EIM CS0 port. My question do I have to add any DCD Settings for EIM registers, because IMX6 RM document they mentioned  You can use DCD for configuring EIM and MMDC. But they also mentioned " the EIM default settings allow the core to interface to a NOR flash device
immediately out of reset. This allows the Chip to interface with any NOR flash device,but has the cost of slow performance"

What they are meaning here "it cost of slow performance"

Can anyone guide me??

Thank,

Balaji S

-