[U-Boot] ARM: Update mach-types

stefano babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Feb 29 01:01:49 CET 2012

Am 28/02/2012 04:51, schrieb Marek Vasut:

>>> No, can you please submit the mach-types update yourself? Thank you!
>>>
>> I don't think I'm trusted to do that. I think that some machines may
>> have been removed
>> from Linux that u-boot may want to keep.
>
> So these machines have to define their mach id in their config (and you need to fix them after replacing mach-types).
>
> Since I only want to use the
>> value in 1 place,
>> is it acceptable to just use the hex value instead?
>
> No, either update the mach types (preffered) or ... Update the mach types ;)

It was discussed and accepted that the boards can set CONFIG_MACH_TYPE
directly into the configuration file. In this way, we continue to
support in U-Boot boards independently if they are pushed to Linux
mainline or not.

On the other side, everybody can send the current mach-types from the
Linux kernel to Albert (ARM Maintainer) - if a board is already in
kernel mainline is the preferred way.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de