[U-Boot] Fastboot gadget, v2

Sebastian Andrzej Siewior bigeasy at linutronix.de
Wed Feb 29 22:48:19 CET 2012

* Marek Vasut | 2012-02-27 00:09:16 [+0100]:

>Hi,
Hi,

>what's the status of this patch/patchset?

the status is that Wolfgang wants me to change the license to GPLv2
because he thinks that the BSD license is not compatible with GPLv2 or
later and I can't. I can't change the copyright because I don't hold
copyright on those files like the header file. For instance I haven't
found any documentation on the file format which is only described in
the header file. The header file is only available under BSD license
(not accepted by Wolfgang) and under Apache v2 (not compatible with
GPLv2 but with GPLv3 according FSF).

So unless
- Wolfgang changes his opinion on GPLv2 vs BSD license or
- we get the code relicensed by Google or
- we get some documentation under a reasonable license and (can)
  re-implement   it from scratch

I don't see any movement here.

>Thanks

Sebastian