[U-Boot] Secure update of uboot devices?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 7 00:20:12 CET 2012

Dear =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andreas_B=E4ck?=,

In message <CAB+EkH5g3ybYSLGYtBkATEFVG_WzeSYC3K0SmFOG4436Dr6uXA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Actually there seams to exsist some very old patches for this
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2006-September/016960.html
>
> Here a paper quite exact what I am after:
> http://elinux.org/images/2/28/Trusted_Boot_Loader.pdf
>
> Is there any toughts on integating this in trunk or should I try to merge
> this patch with the git trunk of my own?

If you read the comments to the old patches you know why that code did
not go into mainline then.  It would not go into mainline for the same
reasons today.  This needs a major rework.

The feature itself is certainly interesting, and (cleaned up) patcehs
are welcome.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I've seen it. It's rubbish."          - Marvin the Paranoid Android