[U-Boot] u-boot-imx on Freescale MX28EVK

Matthias Fuchs matthias.fuchs at esd.eu
Thu Jan 12 14:39:31 CET 2012

On 12.01.2012 11:15, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Matthias Fuchs <matthias.fuchs at esd.eu> wrote:
>> Hi Fabio,
>>
>> thanks for your details. Some of the discrete switches where messed up.
>> Boot Mode was fine. So now it's working fine.
>>
>> Even the power button is not needed ;-)
>
> I am glad to know it is working now.
>
> I will create a README file with these jumper settings.
>
> Also, can you please let me know what is your board version? Is it
> also mx28evk revD?
Yes, revD.

>> I still have to investigate a little to get USB recovery working. This
>> does not work out of the box as with Freescale'S initial 2009.08 u-boot
>> for this CPU.
>
> Ok, good. m28evk has USB support as far as I know, so maybe you can
> look at it for reference.
You did not really understand what I mean. I am not talking about using
the USBs host/device from u-boot. The i.MX28 is capable to boot via USB.
In this case the SOC's ROM implementes a HID device and you can use
some tools on your PC (see previous posting) to download the code (boot
jumper setting 0-0-0-0. I tried it with Freescale's sb_loader (Wind**s).
This works fine when downloading a u-boot (imx28_ivt_uboot.sb) based on
Freescale's 2009.08 source + imx-bootlets-src-10.12.01. But it does not
work when using sb_loader with u-boot.sb build from the u-boot-imx repo.

I can can imagine that the SPL code somehow breaks the internal download
code.

Matthias