[U-Boot] Bug of NOR Flash CFI Driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 14 00:26:37 CET 2012

Dear "Robert Ding",

In message <6FE7F5133E344F8BB49547A07A987714 at DyingPC> you wrote:

> I found a bug on NOR Flash CFI drivers during my development. In the

This is not  bug. It is a limitation, or you may call it a feature...

> To which the address of src point is a RAM address, the code is OK. But
> if it points to a address of the same NOR Flash, the code will cause
> some problems, which
> cannot read the correct data from the NOR Flash.

This is a known limitation.  You are not supposed to copy data from one
part of a NOR device to another part.

> I hope u-boot to fix this bug in the new version.

Patches that improve U-Boot are always welcoem.  Please see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches  for hints hot to submit
patches.

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
                                                    -- Samuel Goldwyn