[U-Boot] uboot configuration for uImage

manishdkanchan manishdkanchan00 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 16:59:44 CET 2012

hi,
I am manish. I recently started working with beagleboard xm . I have a basic
doubt..
The sd card is divided into fat32 and ext3 partition. All the neccesary
files such as MLO, uboot.bin,uimage are put in the fat32 folder.I  belive
this is done so that the uboot will pick up uimage from this partition.
But i have seen that uboot is configured to take uimage from rootfs
partition from /boot/ folder.
I observed this in the file /inlcude/configs/omap3_beagle.h

Can someone tell me why is it so.?
I made changes to this file and re built uboot to make it pick uimage from
fat32 partition.
Why is it configure like that??/

regards
Manish Kanchan