[U-Boot] bdi3000 configurtio file for mpc8308RDB

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 26 20:17:41 CEST 2012

Dear David Hawkins,

In message <501178EA.6050701 at ovro.caltech.edu> you wrote:

> Grazing through the MPC8308 errata, there don't appear to be any
> major 'gotchas' with this part. ...

... not unless you try to use USB device mode.

> Has anyone had any bad experiences with this part, or is there
> some 'feature' of the part I should be aware of?

USB device mode doesn't work reliably, and FSL was never able or
willing to come up with a solution.  When this issue happens, the USB
device controller not only returns a truncated packet to the gadget
driver, but doesn't report URB completion to the host either.  The
host never gets an URB complete event, so you will see first a delay,
and then the host resets the device.  The issue can be reproduced with
massive writes to a mass-storage device.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.