[U-Boot] bdi3000 configurtio file for mpc8308RDB

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Thu Jul 26 20:52:31 CEST 2012

Hi Kim,

>> Has anyone had any bad experiences with this part, or is there
>> some 'feature' of the part I should be aware of?
>
> it has a different DMA engine than the rest of the mpc8xxx parts.
> Ilya Yanok added support for it - see Linux commit ba2eea2,
> drivers/dma/mpc512x_dma.c.

Thanks.

I'd noted that it did not have the external DMA pins that
the MPC8349EA has. However, I believe that I can live with
that. We had used those pins for flow control with an
FPGA configuration controller. However, I can do that with
an interrupt if need be.

Ira - could you please take a look at the DMA controller
and see if you think it'll work for us.

Cheers,
Dave