[U-Boot] Is it possible to boot the U-boot from the another U-boot from the flash area

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 28 17:30:40 CEST 2012

Dear Ishwar Saunshi,

please don't top post / full quote.

In message <CAKD3hyQuVMiBHY55mzbMttY7DYEhu8o3p+AWY+GFr0ndhdn8Cw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have gone through the FAQ section, this FAQ only talks about the
> condition where the other Uboot is in RAM but what I am thinking is to boot
> the Uboot from the flash location by another running Uboot.

This doesn't make any difference.  Read more carefully, and read to
the end.  Pay special attention to the part here:

	U-Boot expects to see a virgin CPU, i. e. the CPU state must
	match what you see if the processor starts executing the first
	instructions when it comes out of reset. If you want to start
	U-Boot from another boot loader, you must disable a lot of
	code ...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You don't have to stay up nights to succeed; you have to  stay  awake
days.