[U-Boot] Question: Installing U-Boot on the Karo TX25

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Mar 22 16:05:54 CET 2012

On 22/03/2012 15:48, Züger Martin wrote:
> Dear Stefano

Hi Martin,

please do not remove the ML when you post an answer. Your experience can
be helpful for other people, too.

> Thank you very much for your help! I've downloaded u-boot to
> 0x81200000 like you told me and it works! After that, I used the
> U-Boot running from RAM to write u-boot-nand.bin to flash. It works
> too, after a reset RedBoot was gone and U-Boot started.

Fine

> The base
> address where U-Boot is linked to for a specific board, is this
> always the CONFIG_SYS_NAND_U_BOOT_DST address?

Generally, they can share the same value, but they have different
meaning. For TX25, the link address is set in board/karo/tx25/config.mk.
However, this is the old way to do things. Currently,
CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE (link address) must be set into the board
configuration file (tx25.h).

CONFIG_SYS_NAND_U_BOOT_DST tells the first loader (nand_spl) where
u-boot code must be copied. If u-boot has a small header that must be
also copied, the two address are different. On tx25, they have the same
value.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de