[U-Boot] Question: Installing U-Boot on the Karo TX25

Züger Martin martin.zueger at ntb.ch
Mon Mar 26 08:28:21 CEST 2012

On Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:06 PM, Stefano Babic wrote:
> Hi Martin,
Hello Stefano

> please do not remove the ML when you post an answer. Your experience can
> be helpful for other people, too.
Sorry about that, I just hit the replay button and didn't realized that the
answer went directly to you instead to the mailing list.

> Generally, they can share the same value, but they have different
> meaning. For TX25, the link address is set in board/karo/tx25/config.mk.
> However, this is the old way to do things. Currently,
> CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE (link address) must be set into the board
> configuration file (tx25.h).
> CONFIG_SYS_NAND_U_BOOT_DST tells the first loader (nand_spl) where
> u-boot code must be copied. If u-boot has a small header that must be
> also copied, the two address are different. On tx25, they have the same
> value.
Thank you very much for your explanation. I'd like to learn how u-boot works
and how a board support package have to be implemented. Probably I'd better
choose another board if the BSP of the TX25 uses some deprecated ways.

Best regards,
Martin