[U-Boot] BIOS EMULATOR driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 26 15:08:15 CEST 2012

Dear Marek Vasut,

In message <201203261243.19732.marex at denx.de> you wrote:

> > > I pretty sure because I try compile it without this driver and
> > > everything seems to be ok.
> >
> > In the given configurations, the BIOS code only gets built when you
> > the ATI Radeon support is enabled, in which case it is needed.
> >
> > If you don't enable either, then it's fine as well - but then the BIOS
> > code does not get built anyway.
>
> But we probably want this driver to work, so ...

I'm not sure what your comment means.

If you want to use this driver, then enable it in the configuration;
this will mean the BIOS emulator also gets built and linked, and it
will be needed to initialize the card's BIOS.

Everything is fine.  No problems anywhere.

What exactly was your concern?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Certainly there are things in life that money  can't  buy,  but  it's
very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money? - Ogden Nash