[U-Boot] BIOS EMULATOR driver

Marek Vasut marek.vasut at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:31:18 CEST 2012

Dear Wolfgang Denk,

> Dear Marek Vasut,

> > > In the given configurations, the BIOS code only gets built when you
> > > the ATI Radeon support is enabled, in which case it is needed.
> > >
> > > If you don't enable either, then it's fine as well - but then the BIOS
> > > code does not get built anyway.
> >
> > But we probably want this driver to work, so ...
>
> I'm not sure what your comment means.
>
> If you want to use this driver, then enable it in the configuration;
> this will mean the BIOS emulator also gets built and linked, and it
> will be needed to initialize the card's BIOS.
>
> Everything is fine.  No problems anywhere.

Right. My concern was about:

"I pretty sure because I try compile it without this driver and everything seems
to be ok."

So that means the board work without this bios emulator driver if the radeon
driver is disabled? But we want to use the radeon driver, so we need the bios
emulator stuff.

I think the discussion quite drifted away from the original question, which was
if the dead code in bios emulator stuff can be simply removed? ... and if it
really is dead code.

> What exactly was your concern?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk