[U-Boot] Porting u-boot for MPC8280 based board.

Thirumalesha N thiru.linux at gmail.com
Thu May 3 06:32:27 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Dear Thirumalesha N,
>
> Please keep the mailing list on Cc:
>
> In message <
> CAO1Rv-aYVvrd1uRK3eq3AsYqz2rrDdpyyAeXSTKtjh7TBuQrpQ at mail.gmail.com> you
> wrote:
> >
> >      Unable to get a BDI tool. Am trying to do directly.
>
> Please feel free to contact office at denx.de for a quotation.

   Thank you sir, i will contact shortly

> >      Please can you explain me where the u-boot starts execution ? means
> > not address. In source code which line or file executes first?
>
> U-Boot starts at the reset vector; in code, see label _start in
> arch/powerpc/cpu/mpc8260/start.S

   To enable console on SMC( There are 2 SMC in MPC8280, we using SMC2
means Pin no. PA9 ( Tx ) and PA8 (Rx) ).
   I modified as follows

+ /* PA9  */ { 1,          1,   0,   1,   0,   0 }, /* SMC Tx */
+ /* PA8  */ { 1,          1,   0,   0,   0,   0 }, /* SMC Rx */

 */
+#define CONFIG_CONS_ON_SMC /* define if console on SMC */
+#undef CONFIG_CONS_ON_SCC /* define if console on SCC */
+#undef CONFIG_CONS_NONE /* define if console on something else */
+#define CONFIG_CONS_INDEX 2 /* which serial channel for console */

+#define CONFIG_HARD_I2C           1
+# define CFG_I2C_SPEED 50000
+# define CFG_I2C_SLAVE 0xFE

+/* system clock rate (CLKIN) - equal to the 60x and local bus speed */
+#define CONFIG_8260_CLKIN 100000000 /* in Hz */
+
+#define CONFIG_BAUDRATE 115200

Still am not getting any think on console, The SMC ports are inbuilt,  it
needs any serial driver to modify or any other files?
Please suggest me to come out of this problem.

Regards
Thirumalesha N