[U-Boot] Combine zImage and rootfs in single uImage

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 22 20:10:18 CEST 2012

Dear Grant,

In message <jpghr5$1at$1 at dough.gmane.org> you wrote:

> FWIW, I couldn't find any documentation for FIT images (it's not
> mentioned in in either FAQs, Table of Contents, or Index), and various
> google searches didn't find anything except old mailing list messages.

First, there is documentation in the doc/ directory - see the
doc/uImage.FIT/ directory.

Second, the man page for the mkimage command mentions it (not really
extensively, though).

> Having the manual chopped up into hundreds of separate web pages makes
> impossible to search when looking for something. It would be very nice
> if the Manual was available as a single page.

It is. It is available as single HTML, PDF and PostScript files. See
section 2.3. Availability for respective links.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own  cynicism,
it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_