[U-Boot] [NOTE] Mailing List / git / FTP / Web Server Outage

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 11 07:56:02 CEST 2012

Hello all,

In message <20121010122316.4088A2002F8 at gemini.denx.de> I wrote:

> we have a dying disk drive on our main web server, and our hoster
> (Strato) claims they have to take down the machine and replace _all_
> disks in the RAID array, so we have to reinstall from scratch [*].

It was even worse.  They added a 2 hour hardware test to the delay,
just to confirm the error status we already had (from lots of Linux
kernel error messages plus SMART test failures).  And the replacment
disks we received have already Power_On_Hours = 40,000+ i. e. they
have been "burned in" for > 4.5 years :-(

But we are back up and running by now, it seems.

If you observe any issues then please send me a trouble report by
e-mail. Thanks.

And sorry for the inconveniences.  Be assured that we will discuss
this event internally and try to improve.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Save yourself!  Reboot in 5 seconds!