[U-Boot] USB Host driver for ISP1362?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 17 10:48:58 CEST 2012

Dear Steve Strobel,

In message <CAGrmWbyvjXRfCP2V-KNYNndt+UTSaQVrGELqXRNVEz+ySYT70w at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  Host mode is all I need, so that is OK.  But I
> think I must still be missing something.  I grepped the entire U-Boot
> tree searching for CONFIG_ISP1362_USB, CONFIG_SYS_ISP and
> CONFIG_SYS_.R5_ISP and found only the definitions I quoted earlier;

CONFIG_ISP1362_USB is an option used only in the respective board
config files, used there to set up a mapping for the respective
device memory; if enabled, we define CONFIG_SYS_BR5_ISP1362 and
CONFIG_SYS_OR5_ISP1362 which are then used in the code to program the
memory controller of the SoC used on these boards as needed; see
"board/tqc/tqm8xx/tqm8xx.c"

> they don't seem to be used anywhere.  And there is no way it could
> work without using them as the ISP1362 sits on the data bus as a
> memory-mapped part and the driver would need to know where to find it.

Well, the memory controller does get programmed for a valid mapping,
see "board/tqc/tqm8xx/tqm8xx.c".

> Is there somewhere else I should look for the code that implements
> CONFIG_ISP1362_USB and utilizes the defined addresses?  Thanks.

There is no "code that implements CONFIG_ISP1362_USB" - this really
only makes sure the device is mapped at the right address.  But you
are right - I don't even see USB enabled in the NSCU board config
file.  eventually all that gets done is setting up the memory
controller (for later use in Linux?).

Sorry, I don't have access to NSCU boards any longer; I cannot verify
that this actually works on this hardware.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I mean, I . . . think to understand you, I just don't know  what  you
are saying ...                        - Terry Pratchett, _Soul Music_