[U-Boot] arch/powerpc/lib/board.c:get_effective_memsize() for 4GB+ systems

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Sep 21 14:49:43 CEST 2012

On Sep 21, 2012, at 6:54 AM, Robert Thorhuus wrote:

> [...]

Robert,

We have seen some cases for u-boot to access >4G of memory directly.  However, the effort to get u-boot to be a 64-bit clean just has never warranted the investment for the few minor cases people have raised for wanting to address >4G directly.

The one case I usually hear about is DDR test.  We suggest its easier to try and getting DDR testing to utilize a window scheme into memory than it is for one to go make u-boot 64-bit.

:)

- k