[U-Boot] help with archos g9 "port"

SxDx sed at free.fr
Fri Sep 28 23:04:10 CEST 2012

Dear U-Boot hackers,

I am trying to let U-Boot work with my archos g9
(omap4430 based-tablet).

I tried with u-boot-2012.07.tar.bz2

So far I succeeded in booting an MLO and u-boot.img
from a FAT SD-card after issuing a warm-reboot in
a rooted android.

But then I have very random results when loading
a file in memory and running a "go 0x82000000".

I compiled without thumb and had to change the
base address (0x40300000).

I modified memory settings, based on pandaboard
(also a OMAP4430 device). (I don't know if all the
settings are correct or not.)

I did not modify anything else, especially MUX
settings and clocks.

But since the device successfully accesses the sd-card
and load files from there I guess things are "not too bad".
(barebox fails at that point)

To test things, I added a simple function "reboot" to
U-Boot that issues a warm-reboot after setting good values
for registers in the SAR RAM zone. That zone is not touched
by android and I then can read /dev/mem in linux to see
the data there. So I can see values from U-Boot. A bit
cumbersome but works fine.

And to boot from the sd-card, I made a program "reboot-sd",
run as root in android that does the same, but in linux,
not U-Boot. (I hope I am clear.)