[U-Boot] question

pflora at libero.it pflora at libero.it
Fri Sep 28 23:24:38 CEST 2012

Hi to everybody,
I am new and just put the hands inside u-boot.

I am working on ARM cortex M3 on board lpc178x from emcraft using u-boot 2010. I enabled the fat and cmd_fat modules and have the following problems:

- compile error on section .bss too large due 2 arrays defined in fat.c with MAX_CLUSTSIZE (65535) elements. I reduced the size up to 7000 elements and only 1 array, disabling VFAT support. In this way I compile and get the u-boot working.

- the system becomes unstable using fat commands like fatls and fatload.

- tried to download u-2012 and configure my board in the new release, but no hope. I cannot configure the file boards.cfg and I don't know where to put my board directories in the u-2012 tree.

What can I do ?

Thanks for your support.