[U-Boot] Creating U-Boot env image

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Tue Dec 10 14:33:04 CET 2013

On: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:32 PM, Alexey Smishlayev wrote:
> I'm not sure, if that's not something simple, that's why I wrote to this
> list. I just don't know every little detail about using U-Boot.

I was thinking something like:  [flash-sector-size] <= [U-Boot-configured-env-size]
and you must give the right number to the env image generation program.

> That's what I've thought also - if I just dd the environment contents to
> a file, can I then use it as a valid image for production? That could be
> the most simple way to achieve what I want.

Yes, should be possible. If you're using redundant environments, you
probably want to use the env copy that has "0x01" in the 5:th byte.
See common/env_flash.c and include/environment.h.

// Mats