[U-Boot] Creating U-Boot env image

Bo Shen voice.shen at atmel.com
Wed Dec 11 10:59:07 CET 2013

Hi Alexey Smishlayev,

On 12/09/2013 10:34 PM, Alexey Smishlayev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would like to flash the environment variable values to my board,
> rather than setting them at the prompt. I've founa a tool mkenvimage is
> made specially for that. I used it to create a binary image of the
> U-Boot environment. However, when I flash it to my board, I get the message
> *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

Can you try the sam-ba tool provide by Atmel to generate this kind of
image? Run the bat file in demo package [1]. It will generate the image
automatically.
More information, please reference the demo package [1].

[1]
ftp://ftp.linux4sam.org/pub/demo/linux4sam_2.0/linux4sam-angstrom-at91sam9g20ek.zip

> I thought it is due to that redundant memory wasn't written aswell, so I
> commented out #define CONFIG_ENV_REDUND_OFFSET in the
> include/configs/at91sam9g20ek.h, and tried once again, but I'm still
> getting this error.
>
> What should I do to flash environment values directly to the board's NAND?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexey Smishlayev

Best Regards,
Bo Shen