[U-Boot] booting issue with Atmel SAMA5D31 Evaluation kit

Ron Eggler reggler at semios.com
Sun Dec 15 21:17:18 CET 2013

Hi Bo,

Okay here we have some more information! Great!

On December 16, 2013 11:42:11 AM Bo Shen wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> On 12/16/2013 11:19 AM, Ron Eggler wrote:
> >  > First, please check the console output, it should be BootROM.
> >  >
> >  > Second, which Linux distribution you are using? If use ubuntu 12.04,
> >  > you
> >  >
> >  > can see a /dev/ttyACMx device, sam-ba will access this device.
> >
> > I'm using Kubuntu 13.10 and I connect to the serial port with
> >
> > "screen /dev/ttyACM0 115200"
>
> I will try to make something clear.
> On sama5d3xek board, there are two USB device connectors, one is J14 (on
> the right side, near JTAG connector) is used for console. The other is
> J20 (on the upper side, near USB host connector) is USB device port for
> sama5 SoC.
>
> So, bootup information, include BootROM are come out from J14. When you
> try to flash using sam-ba, you should connect J20.
>
> In summary, please take the following steps to re-flash:
> 1. power up the board.
> 2. connect J14 as console. (minicom, screen as you prefer)
> 3. combo key, to check whether BootROM come out from console.
Upon keuy combo (hold PB4 while pressing PB1) nothing appears on console (J14)
> 4. connect J20, and check whether /dev/ttyACMx is accessible.
I connect to J20 but no /dev/ttyACMx is available

do you have any alternative suggestions for this behavior?

Thanks,
Ron

--
*ron eggler | semios | senior software engineer*
320 - 887 Great Northern Way | Vancouver, BC | V5T 4T5

--------
[1] tel:604%20229%202044%20ext%20105
[2] tel:778%20230%209442
[3] mailto:reggler at semios.com