[U-Boot] booting issue with Atmel SAMA5D31 Evaluation kit

Shen, Voice Voice.Shen at atmel.com
Mon Dec 16 06:44:58 CET 2013

Hi Ron,

Hi Bo,

Okay here we have some more information! Great!

On December 16, 2013 11:42:11 AM Bo Shen wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> On 12/16/2013 11:19 AM, Ron Eggler wrote:
> > > First, please check the console output, it should be BootROM.
> > >
> > > Second, which Linux distribution you are using? If use ubuntu 12.04,
> > > you
> > >
> > > can see a /dev/ttyACMx device, sam-ba will access this device.
> >
> > I'm using Kubuntu 13.10 and I connect to the serial port with
> >
> > "screen /dev/ttyACM0 115200"
>
> I will try to make something clear.
> On sama5d3xek board, there are two USB device connectors, one is J14 (on
> the right side, near JTAG connector) is used for console. The other is
> J20 (on the upper side, near USB host connector) is USB device port for
> sama5 SoC.
>
> So, bootup information, include BootROM are come out from J14. When you
> try to flash using sam-ba, you should connect J20.
>
> In summary, please take the following steps to re-flash:
> 1. power up the board.
> 2. connect J14 as console. (minicom, screen as you prefer)
> 3. combo key, to check whether BootROM come out from console.
Upon keuy combo (hold PB4 while pressing PB1) nothing appears on console (J14)

I don't know why there is no output here.

> 4. connect J20, and check whether /dev/ttyACMx is accessible.
I connect to J20 but no /dev/ttyACMx is available

Can you check some devices added? before and after you plug in USB cable to see the difference.

do you have any alternative suggestions for this behavior?

Can you check with lsusb command, it will show something similar as following:
--->8---
Bus 002 Device 110: ID 03eb:6124 Atmel Corp. at91sam SAMBA bootlader
---8<---

--
ron eggler | semios | senior software engineer
320 - 887 Great Northern Way | Vancouver, BC | V5T 4T5
E | reggler at semios.com
smart farming
twitter linkedin