[U-Boot] Stack size

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 26 19:34:26 CET 2013

Dear Parimala Baggiri,

please stop top-posting / full-quoting.  Thanks.

In message <CAD6P=4j2eGh16C6hB7Z8ahc8h6iPd+Na02Sn1NJEnbK+v+ntmA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Thank you for the reply.
> Could you please clarify me the following things about u-boot?
> To add more system RAM where should I change and whether it is SDRAM or
> SRAM?

I wrote: system RAM.  On most systems this is SDRAM (or rather DDR
these days).

> I am using panda es board(omap4460), whose SDRAM starts at 0x80000000,
> after the boot, u-boot relocates to 0x80E80000, how can we know from where
> stack starts in SDRAM, to allocate the space for my standalone application?
> Is the Stacksize common for u-boot and standalone application?

James Chargin already explained most of the details - note that his
explanation is pretty much genral; see also section "Memory Management"
in the U-Boot README file.

Your SA application uses both the malloc arena and the stack that has
been set up by U-Boot, so stack size is really only limited by the
size of the System RAM.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.