[U-Boot] Stack size

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 27 17:32:08 CET 2013

Dear Parimala Baggiri,

In message <CAD6P=4jA7MvB+DaSXsmH=CW=ckPzAk5=UPcimJO-sxYniSZevw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> In my case RAM-based copy of u-boot is mapped to
> 0x80E80000(CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE),  which is not the upper RAM location. Is
> upper RAM means the last few megabytes of the total capacity?

Yes, upper RAM means the top end of the existing, usable RAM address
range.

Any chance that you are using an older and/or out-of-tree version of
U-Boot?  We can only help you with mainline code...

> In my standalone application, some debugging messages(printfs) are added,
> which are not printing in one function and even the application is not
> terminating for any reason. Hence, suspecting the stack size.

Attach a debugger?

> Here are my processor details,
> Panda board ES which uses OMAP4460 processor,
> 4GB SDRAM, starts at 0x80000000.

4 GB RAM is special, as mapping the whole RAM would consume the whole
32 bit address space.  What is the exact version of U-Boot (git commit
ID) you are running?  And which exact board configuration?

BTW - did you read the related FAQs?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When a stupid man is doing something he  is  ashamed  of,  he  always
declares that it is his duty                           - George Orwell