[U-Boot] Stack size

Parimala Baggiri baggiriparimala at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 11:17:50 CET 2013

Hello Wolfgang, James,

Thanks for the information.
Yes, James your assumption about my knowledge on U-Boot internals is
correct. I have used u-boot to bring up the OS, but this time I had to run
a SA from u-boot, which requires more understanding of U-Boot internals.

Any chance that you are using an older and/or out-of-tree version of
> U-Boot?  We can only help you with mainline code...

I am using u-boot-linaro-stable version from linaro.

> > In my standalone application, some debugging messages(printfs) are added,
> > which are not printing in one function and even the application is not
> > terminating for any reason. Hence, suspecting the stack size.
>
> Attach a debugger?

No debugger.

> > Here are my processor details,
> > Panda board ES which uses OMAP4460 processor,
> > 4GB SDRAM, starts at 0x80000000.
>
> 4 GB RAM is special, as mapping the whole RAM would consume the whole
> 32 bit address space.  What is the exact version of U-Boot (git commit
> ID) you are running?  And which exact board configuration?

I am using omap4_panda_config configuration, sorry only 1GB SDRAM is
available by default.

I found that the THUMB mode and the optimization level(-O2) were creating
the problem. My application executes fine with ARM mode and optimization
level -O1.

Even the simple hello_world application running in thumb mode generates
"undefined instruction" exception.
By default CONFIG_SYS_THUMB_BUILD is enabled, any extra settings are
required for smooth operation of THUMB mode?

Regards,
Parimala