[U-Boot] imx6, spl and falcon boot

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Tue Feb 19 17:33:58 CET 2013

Hi Kevin,

I'm a bit late to this party, but have a couple of comments...

On 02/19/2013 08:20 AM, Chaves, Kevin wrote:
> Thanks for the response, so the whoosh does not support holding
 > a key to get into another image? I guess that won't work.

Note that there's already support for key-handling in our
Nitrogen6X code:
	https://github.com/boundarydevices/u-boot-imx6/blob/production/board/boundary/nitrogen6x/nitrogen6x.c#L779

> So if I wanted to support the SPL on the nitrogent6x
> are there any instruction on what requirements it has to
 > support it.

The use of SPL seems to be a separate topic.

Is your objective simply a faster boot?

We don't have any specific plans to add SPL support for
Nitrogen6x, but are interested in hearing what you're after.

> I'm guessing all the work I'd need to do is in board/boundary/nitrogen6x?
 >  Also how would I normally configure and build an spl for
 > a working board. There is a lot of config options
 > in the README for the spl.

Whoosh seems pretty compelling with such a small code base.
Does it really boot faster though? Do you have any numbers
for TTP (Time-to-penguin) on a SABRE Lite or SABRE SD?

Regards,

Eric