[U-Boot] MPC8555 pci issue

Ashok Kumar Kacham ashokkumarkacham at bel.co.in
Thu Jan 3 12:30:02 CET 2013

Hi all,

we have a pci-to-usb controller(32bit,33MHZ,PCI1 controller, IDSEL 18) on
pci bus, we disabled PCI and tried to read the configuration data(vendor
and
device id) of the usb controller by giving following commands.
(0xe0000000 is the CCSR base address)

$mw 0xe0008000 0x80009000
$md 0xe0008004

$0xe0008004 :  //hangs here

then it is hanging, when we check the pci signals(frame, idsel, irdy, trdy
etc) they seem to be proper, even the chip is responding with its vendor
and device id(we could see then on the analyzer). what could be the
problem.

following is the u-boot log

U-Boot 2013.01-rc1 (Jan 02 2013 - 16:00:15)

CPU:   8555, Version: 1.1, (0x80710011)
Core:  E500, Version: 2.0, (0x80200020)
Clock Configuration:
       CPU0:528  MHz,
       CCB:264  MHz,
       DDR:132  MHz (264 MT/s data rate), LBC:66   MHz
CPM:   264 MHz
L1:    D-cache 32 kB enabled
       I-cache 32 kB enabled
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  Detected UDIMM 9VDDT6472HY-335F2
512 MiB (DDR1, 64-bit, CL=2, ECC off)
Flash: ## Unknown flash on Bank 2 - Size = 0x00000000 = 0 MB
128 MiB
L2:    256 KB enabled
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

EEPROM: Read failed.
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   TSEC0 [PRIME], TSEC1
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 10  9  0
=>
=> mw 0xe0008000 0x80009000
=> md 0xe0008004
e0008004:
//hangs here

Regards,
Ashok

--
Ashok Kumar Kacham
Member(Research Staff),

Every 3000 Sheets of paper costs us a tree.. Save trees... Conserve
Trees. Don't print this email or any Files unless you really need to!!!!
Confidentiality Notice

attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of
the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender at Bharat Electronics  or support at bel.co.in immediately

Email secured by Check Point